Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finally a Cause We Can All Get Behind

I really don’t understand why dog fighting is illegal. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. It bothers me that Michael Vick and others like him are spending time behind bars for participating in the brutal sport. It’s not that I condone or appreciate dog fighting. It’s just that it’s no different to me than stepping on a bug or hunting or eating a hamburger. I understand that it’s cruel, but if dog’s have rights, where do you draw the line? Should a person go to jail for verbally abusing their cat? What about if you go on vacation and starve your pet goldfish? Is that negligence?

It is just so random and hypocritical that it boggles my mind. I understand people are nuts about their dogs, but they’re still animals. In American law we value human life; not all life. To deprive someone of their freedom for mistreating an animal is to put the life of the animal above that of the person. Free the dog fighters!

No comments:

Post a Comment